Our Sofa sets are not merely a part of your living or sitting areas adding to the decoration of your house, instead, they become a part of your day-to-day life. They have seen it all from family times, happy moments, kids playing for hours, pets taking naps, friends gatherings to sad moments. And the story does not end there, they have also seen stubborn stains, dust, dirt which seems an extremely time-consuming and difficult task without a machine or professional help.
Sofa sets need regular cleaning and maintenance and taking professional help can cost a huge deal on the budget. So how do we dry clean sofa at home without a vacuum cleaner and is it possible? Let’s find out.
To ease out your pain, here are a few steps that you can follow to remove the stains without using vacuum cleaners:
1. Remove all the large particle:
Before Jumping in deep, make sure you remove all the external particles such as crumbs of food items, lint, hair, dust, etc using a brush and a lint roller if required.
2. Don’t miss out the hard surfaces:
Our upholstery and sofa are made up of various fabrics, materials, wood, or other hard material. Make sure to pay attention to them as well. And the best part about the hard surfaces is that any all-purpose cleaner can work without harming.
3. The right dry cleaning solvent:
The right couch dry cleaning solvent will suit the fabric of your sofa. To understand the fabric, always check the fabric care tag, it will provide you with clear instruction on what and what not to use. Apply the solvent on a piece of cloth and then blot against the stains on your sofa. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe it off with a clean lint free cloth. Do not rub rashly as it might damage the surface. Once done, air dry your sofa.
- Most of the dry cleaning solvents are flammable as well as the chemicals when you expose them to children or pets can be harmful.
- Always Dry clean your sofa in an open area, away from the presence of any child.
- Stop test is the golden rule to live by, before using any solvent always do a spot test in a low visibility area of your sofa. It will help you stay away from trouble.
- The care tags on your sofa will have characters like W, WS, S, O or X. Let’s find what they mean:
- W signifies that the fabric can be cleaned with a water-based solvent
- WS indicates that you can use either a water-based or solvent-based agent on the fabric
- S indicates to use only solvent-based agents
- O mean only use cold water
- X indicates the fabric to be the only vacuum cleaned
Yes, it is possible to dry clean your sofa at home without any professional help. All you have to do is follow the steps and do not miss out on the precautions, as we all know precaution is better than cure. And in this case, a cure can be expensive. Happy upholstery cleaning!